View Full Version : Who all is going to Skate SF?

AshBugg44
10-27-2003, 01:07 PM
Is anyone here going to Skate SF besides me and Jazzpants? I'm competing Young Adult Pre-Bronze ladies on Friday evening!

jazzpants
10-27-2003, 01:56 PM
I'll be competing Adult Amethyst Light Ent/Dramatic on Sunday at 9:55pm!!! EEEEK!!!! 8O 8O 8O I'll be sleeping on the ice!!! ZZZZZZzzzzz... (Needless to say, neither my primary coach or me is happy about the time slot, but he plans to be there for me...)

AshBugg44
10-27-2003, 02:05 PM
I don't think I could handle that! That's about what time I normally crawl into bed and read for awhile! LOL

jazzpants
10-27-2003, 02:30 PM
Thankfully for me, that's around the time I usually get home from skating or going to the gym. (Software engineer's and figure skater's schedules don't mesh at all! Software engineers are night owls...) But even with that, I don't think I would have a shot at medalling at all b/c of the caliber of skaters in the group. But I'll be happy to get my "diversion from Moves hell" out of the way so I have a program to work with for the rest of the year...and additional goals to strife towards in my Bronze Moves. :P :D

sk8er1964
10-28-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by jazzpants
......But even with that, I don't think I would have a shot at medalling at all b/c of the caliber of skaters in the group.....

You never know! I figured I'd be in a battle for third in my event last weekend, because I've seen the others skate, yet I finished second. Go out and have fun and you might be suprised by the results :D

PattyP
10-28-2003, 10:45 PM
Good Luck to everyone competing this weekend! I wish I could be there with all of you...but after seeing the schedule, I'm kinda happy with my decision to stay home.

My coach will be there with her kids and several of her students.

Joanna, since you do not need to bless the ice for me, you can do it for yourself. It got me a first place finish last time! :D

Have fun at a great competition!

Patty

jazzpants
11-01-2003, 01:15 AM
Just want to say congrats to Ashley on her silver on her Young Adult Pre-Bronze event!!! She skate nicely... and completed her mission!!! :D :D :D

Found out I skate fourth out of 5 in my event (not first this time around... GRRRR!!! I just want to get my program over and done with...and I prefer to be "freshly warmed up" for the event.)

The rink was FREEEEEEEEZING tonight!!! I'm gonna now go and sit in front of the heater and thaw!!! BRRRRR!!! :P :P :P

sk8er1964
11-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Yeah Ashley! Congrats! :D :D :D

ask8ingcat
11-01-2003, 08:29 PM
I'll be there!!!! Are results posted anywhere yet? i scratched for artistic. No way I was gonna miss halloween with my little one. I skate tomorrow afternoon :0
Cathy

jazzpants
11-02-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by ask8ingcat
I'll be there!!!! Are results posted anywhere yet? i scratched for artistic. No way I was gonna miss halloween with my little one. I skate tomorrow afternoon :0
Cathy Yeah I know. I was the runner last night. When I was delivering tapes to the music guy and they asked whether I should wait for this skater (you) to show up, I said "Nah! She'll probably scratch. It's WAAAAY past her bedtime!" LOL!!! :lol: :P

[Very off topic but...] What did your little one dressed up as?

See you (and Mistress Coach) tomorrow! :D

ask8ingcat
11-02-2003, 06:30 AM
Congratulations Ashley! Who won that young adult pre- bronze group? Was Amy R. there?
My little one dressed up as Dracula. I painted his face and had blood dripping from his lips. He looked very, very scary. It was fun, we went to visit the witches of Ina Court in my neighborhood. It's a cul-de-sac where everyone decorates to the max. There was a haunted house that was pretty scary.
Bruce said he was gonna scratch me from Fri night. I guess he forgot. Glad you guys didn't wait. lol. Yes, it WAS definately past my bedtime. Plus it is way toooooooooooo cold this weekend to be wearing a skimpy little dress. Hope the rink won't be too cold... It takes this old bod a long, long time to warm up. Good luck with your competition today and see ya later!
c

jazzpants
11-02-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by ask8ingcat
Congratulations Ashley! Who won that young adult pre- bronze group? Was Amy R. there?Yeap and she won the young adult pre-bronze ladies group! She skated pretty well too!!! Is she a Mistress Coach student? :P

My little one dressed up as Dracula. I painted his face and had blood dripping from his lips. He looked very, very scary. It was fun, we went to visit the witches of Ina Court in my neighborhood. It's a cul-de-sac where everyone decorates to the max. There was a haunted house that was pretty scary. AWWWWW!!! Your little Dracula!!!! :) Ina Court sounds interesting!!! :D

Bruce said he was gonna scratch me from Fri night. I guess he forgot. Glad you guys didn't wait. lol. Yes, it WAS definately past my bedtime. Plus it is way toooooooooooo cold this weekend to be wearing a skimpy little dress. Hope the rink won't be too cold... It takes this old bod a long, long time to warm up. Good luck with your competition today and see ya later!
c Ain't it the truth about it being too cold to wear a skimpy skating dress!!! It's been so cold at our rink lately that we joked that we have to go outside to keep warm! LOL!!! :lol: :twisted: I'm worried about that since THIS old bod has a lower back problem and cold weather will definitely aggravate the problem. :(

Good luck this afternoon!!! Go kick some ice butts!!! :D :D :D

AshBugg44
11-02-2003, 11:26 PM
Ugh I was very disappointed with my skate - ever since I fell on my lutz at Regionals it has been an awful jump, and it used to be perfectly consistent. I two-footed both lutzes and didn't do the loop in combination with my first lutz, but if I would've done them I would've won. I had two firsts so the results could not have been much closer! I just got home about 20 minutes ago and I'm so glad to be back. Good luck to Joanna, who's competing in half an hour!!!

jazzpants
11-03-2003, 02:30 AM
I wasn't totally happy with my skate tonight either... I couldn't even get into position for my loop jump. (It look NOTHING like it! I wanna burn my tape, but I promised I get it and look at it.) I also forgot to hold this weird (sorta attitude but not...) position ending all the way 'til the end of the music. DOH!!! I got a lot of cheers though... There were 3 other people competing with me and I was pretty sure that I was going home w/o a medal.

But...I got a SILVER!!! 8O Except for one judge who placed me in 4th, it was straight 2 ordinals! Seems the ONE thing that saved me was my speed! I had quite a few people made comments on it. Even my primary coach was surprised, especially since two weeks ago he was frustrated with me about my lack of speed.

Needless to say, there's a lot more work to do on me... A LOT more!!! And I think a lot of those will be addressed when I finally get the elements for Bronze Moves down. But... NOW I CAN CRASH!!!

sk8er1964
11-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Congrats Jazzpants (and told you so :D )

Black Sheep
11-03-2003, 09:06 AM
Any photos/results posted anywhere yet? 8-)

skaternum
11-03-2003, 09:10 AM
Yay, jazzpants!!! We're proud of you for your silver medal and for just having the guts to go out and compete!

AshBugg44
11-03-2003, 09:23 AM
Unless the SCSF puts some photos up on their website, there won't be photos because the photography people don't put their pictures up on the web.

Black Sheep
11-03-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by AshBugg44
Unless the SCSF puts some photos up on their website, there won't be photos because the photography people don't put their pictures up on the web.

That's kinda sad--how can they sell them, then?

ask8ingcat
11-03-2003, 09:30 AM
Congratulations Joanna! What a great reward for having worked so hard these past few monthes. Sorry I couldn't stay to watch but it being a sunday night... TOOO Late! Not to mention past my bedtime.
I didn't skate very well either. I came off the ice to coach reaming me. Didn't help to know that she was right. I fell out of my camel so i missed a spin combination, two footed an axel, and came out of my sitspin on TWO FEET! Ugh. And my coach is a spin expert! I landed my second axel but they only count one right? And If I made a mistake on the first it's a deduction. Does anyone know how that works?

C

dani
11-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Woohoo!!! Way to go Jazzpants and Ashley!!

Sorry about your skate ask8ingcat, but I would love to utter the words: I two-footed an axel and landed my second one!! ;-)

Hugs!!
Danielle

AshBugg44
11-03-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Black Sheep
That's kinda sad--how can they sell them, then?

You got to see them all at the competition, like within 10 - 15 minutes of your event they had them up on their computers.

flutzilla1
11-03-2003, 12:28 PM
I got a SILVER!!! 8O Except for one judge who placed me in 4th, it was straight 2 ordinals!

Woohoooooo!!! :bow: Congratulations jazzpants!!!!

Congrats Ashley!

And ask8ingcat, I second Dani that I would also love to utter the words: I two-footed an axel and landed my second one!! :) Congrats on landing your axel in the program!

jazzpants
11-03-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Black Sheep
That's kinda sad--how can they sell them, then? Actually, not quite true (if they're doing it like they do every year...) The photographers are gonna have something up on www.photoreflect.com. I would wait a while for the the SCSF website to update its info and have the link. They will, of course have some technical methods of keeping people from download the pictures off the website...but you can certain view it! ;)

Me? I certainly don't want to see my action photos... :P

AshBugg44
11-03-2003, 01:46 PM
Oh well they said they wouldn't be up on the web...I dunno...anyways I looked at mine they were so awful except for the picture of my lunge cuz I had a great look of attitude on my face! LOL

jazzpants
11-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Thank you for all the well wishes, everyone!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cathy, you may have come out of your sit spin on TWO FEET, but I'll bet it's NOTHING compared with my back crossovers!?!?! :oops: :oops: :oops:

AshBugg44
11-03-2003, 04:01 PM
How about my popped camel spin? LOL

jazzpants
11-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by AshBugg44
How about my popped camel spin? LOL Or my attempted loop... or rather, as my primary coach said "What *IS* that jump anyway???" LOL :P :lol: :twisted:

AshBugg44
11-03-2003, 05:31 PM
Or both of my two-footed lutzes ;)

PattyP
11-03-2003, 08:59 PM
Congratulations Joanna!!!:D

And good job Cathy on landing 1 of 2 axels...if I could have done that in my Gold test I would have PASSED! I was 0 for 2 and you don't get a third try, Oh well :roll: How did you place?

Now I really wished that I had gone. My skates were stolen out of my car last night because my dingbat husband left our garage door open last night. Had I been in SF, this wouldn't have happened. That will teach me not to back out of competing next time. :cry:

jazzpants
11-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by PattyP
Congratulations Joanna!!!:D Thank you!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And I guess I've redeemed myself from primary coach for one night! He was nice to me tonight (no lesson though!) :lol: :P Seemed particularly proud when people asked me about my placement at my event and added in his $0.02. I'm still recovering from the shock though. I was not expecting to even medal, since I had 5 people in the event, but only 4 showed up. Afterwards, while I was waiting for the scores, the reaction from the crowd seemed to be that I might get the gold. (Nope! Straight 2 ordinals except for one judge who did placement me in 4 out of 4. ISI judge #2 did NOT like my program at all.) :evil:

Now I really wished that I had gone. My skates were stolen out of my car last night because my dingbat husband left our garage door open last night. Had I been in SF, this wouldn't have happened. That will teach me not to back out of competing next time. :cry: Oh, no!!! And you already have enough expenses as is with the new car and all. http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/kao/otn/pcrying.gif I guess you're gonna be getting an early Christmas present from your husband, huh? ;)

Mrs Redboots
11-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Or my attempted loop... or rather, as my primary coach said "What *IS* that jump anyway???" LOL :P :lol: :twisted: That sort of jump is apt to go on the judges' sheets, so I'm told, as "UHT", standing for "Unidentified Hoppy Thing!"

Many, many congratulations on your Silver - I do hope it's the first of many, many non-default medals for you.

PattyP
11-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Oh, no!!! And you already have enough expenses as is with the new car and all. http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/kao/otn/pcrying.gif I guess you're gonna be getting an early Christmas present from your husband, huh? ;) [/QUOTE]

What's another $1000 in debt! The trip to SF would have cost me less, but at least I will have brand new skates!

The good news it that Harlick actually had my size IN STOCK :D They will ship them today and I will have them this week! I should get blades in another week and will be back on the ice with new equipment!

This little set back will prevent me from testing in the next couple of months so it looks like I will have another year at Silver. That is fine since I can't seem to get my stinkin' doubles anyway.:roll:

PattyP

ask8ingcat
11-04-2003, 01:47 PM
oh Patty, terrible!!! I'm so sorry... Although you are lucky to be getting your replacement boots so quickly. I saw your coach at Skate SF. She was putting on one of her little Juve girls who was just an awesome skater. Sweet little girl too.
I placed second at the competition. I think I made too many mistakes PLUS I forgot my program after falling out of my camel spin and it showed! But that's ok. Not bad for having only prepared a week before.
Joanna, thanks for the sk8ingcat pin. I LOVE IT!!!!
Cathy

PattyP
11-04-2003, 09:13 PM
Cathy,

Congrats on second!...although I know you had hoped to skate better.

Was the little girl blond? Won the competition? If so, that is her daughter, Lauren. She is an awesome skater and a very sweet person. I skate with her and her brother early in the mornings. They are a lot of fun and always offer a lot of encouragement to me.

My boots and blades are on the way. I should be in new skates by the middle of next week. I was really very lucky to get them so quickly.

I had the rust taken off my old blades and with a little hockey tape I should be able to skate them for the rest of this week.

PattyP