View Full Version : feeet fallin asleep??????

chiclet
10-22-2003, 06:53 PM
i was just at a free skate session and i noticed my right foots last 3 toes fell a sleep and felt all tingly. i was wondering is something wrong with my boots or lacing any suggestion on stoping this because its veryyy annoying thanx

Jade
10-22-2003, 07:32 PM
Ya i know what you mean i get this too!
I also get really cold feet!
My feet also get very numb:x :x

96.23??
10-22-2003, 08:38 PM
I get cold feet too... but I don't know what to do about them.

TashaKat
10-23-2003, 02:37 AM
Hi :D

It could be the cold but when that happened for me it was the boots! Try playing around with the laces, I found that I can't have them tight over the instep or I can't feel my toes. If it's the cold then boot covers (you can get padded ones) might help a little.

x

Black Sheep
10-23-2003, 08:50 AM
I get cold feet because my "Stink-Eez" creatures are peppermint-scented! 8-)

rinsk
10-23-2003, 10:04 AM
I get it from cold feet and skates.

I got the toes of my skates stretched which really helped and you might want to try if you think your toes are tight.

I've got Raynaud's phenaumenon in mainly my hands but also my feet, which cuts off the circulation in my fingers and toes when they get cold which makes them colder and rather painful (am I in the wrong sport or what?)... For cold feet, I wear thin cotton socks which I find a little warmer than tights but still fit in my skates, I also have really warm fleece boot covers but while they're good at keeping my feet warm if I'm teaching, I find them bulky and distracting to skate in. I find dressing warmly in general seems to help (extra sweater, extra tights, fleecy yoga pants, warmer mitts...) and something hot before skating (but not coffee! the caffeine contricts blood vessels... sad but true, I'm a coffee addict and I've noticed improvement in my hands and feet at times that I've cut down on my coffee).

mikawendy
10-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by TashaKat
Hi :D

It could be the cold but when that happened for me it was the boots! Try playing around with the laces, I found that I can't have them tight over the instep or I can't feel my toes. If it's the cold then boot covers (you can get padded ones) might help a little.

x

I agree, it sounds like possible your laces were too tight, or perhaps your socks and the tongue of your boot got bunched up in one spot and were pinching something? If I get cramps in my feet, tingly toes, or sore arches, it's usually because my laces are too tight around my instep.

Another possibility--are your boots too narrow in the toe box? Are your toes all red and smushy-looking after you take the boot off? If so, you may need your boot punched out just a small amount in the toe area....

But if it continues or if it appears outside of skating, check with your doctor to make sure something else isn't going on.