View Full Version : Dance!

luna_skater
10-18-2003, 02:37 PM
I thought I'd start a thread just for us dancers, since quite a few of us seem to be doing it, and we're such a special crowd! ;) Talk about what you're working on, what you're loving/hating, if you compete, general chit-chat, the usual!

I started dance this spring and I'm working on my Junior Silver right now...The American, Rocker, and Keats. I'm testing all three in a month...yikes! I don't compete dance; I just started taking the tests to improve my skills for synchro, and so that I would have some qualifications to begin the road to becoming a synchro judge. Now I've gotten a bit addicted and can't quit! Lol. My goal is to get my Golds, and we'll see whether or not I go for my diamonds depending on what life is like at that stage of the game. My more short term goal was to be working on Senior Silver by next May, and I think I'll get there, providing test day goes well!

Jillianioso
10-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Hey luna baby. Know who this is? :twisted: :lol:

I love dance yayayay
I took a 5yr break from dance while I did synchro and now I'm back. I'm working on my diamonds... specifically the ravensburger. Hopefully next week I can learn a new one. I only skate 1hr a week though so it sucks. I need to learn partnering... eeeks

Hey luna.. wtg on getting all those dances. I wouldn't worry about jr silvers... they are piece of cake!

luna_skater
10-18-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Jillianioso
Hey luna.. wtg on getting all those dances. I wouldn't worry about jr silvers... they are piece of cake!

As long as I don't kill my coach on the Rocker. Came close yesterday. Lol.

And of course I know who you are, silly! :P

Lutzgirl
10-18-2003, 06:13 PM
Who are u do you know each other?

I Am working on my baby blues and swing dance but im not just an icedancer i do other stuff too like jumping and spinnning!:D:D

dancing_queen
10-18-2003, 08:16 PM
Im working on my Junior silver dances!! i had to takr the european 3 times to get there!!:D

Magz
10-18-2003, 08:30 PM
I'm not on Jr.Silver yet, I'm on Sr.bronze and the outraegouly fun Ten-fox! Ugh I really don't like that dance, I like the 14-step much better.

rinsk
10-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Yay! A dance-thread! (thanks, Luna_skater).

I'm working on my diamonds (having blast with Romantica right now: at one point it was my ultimate skating goal so I think I'm still sort of in awe at the fact that I'm actually working on it) and I'm trying to finish up my Golds in the US (I've tried Westminster 3 times now... I like to freak out on my solo test and trip on the rocker - last time, I tested it with 2 international dances and passed both of them, just not the West).

I compete recreational dance: mostly solo and shadow dance. I'm competing Chacha Congelado solo in a couple of weeks (not a dance that I've ever really trained and I try to avoid spending too much lesson time on competition stuff so my Chacha's interesting to say the least but it's one of the few local dance competitions that I'm eligible for so I'm doing it).

I starting to try put together a Starskate gold dance biathlon entry with another skater. We'll have to see how that goes: we can walk through the Paso and half the Westminster... Call it a work in progress.

96.23??
10-19-2003, 11:52 AM
I'm Half-way through my Senior Silver Dances at the moment. :D

luna_skater
10-19-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by rinsk
I like to freak out on my solo test and trip on the rocker

I can't decide whether or not I like the fact they've eliminated solos from Canadian dances. I KNOW I would freak out because I am absolutely petrified of being on the ice by myself. I've never had to be alone on the ice for anything and the thought horrifies me. I am dreading the day when my coach decides its time to start testing skills, because I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. But, OTOH, I'm sure I would be better for it in the long run, having gotten over my fear!

RMluver
10-19-2003, 01:20 PM
I'm on Sr.Silver dances. I just failed Starlight a few weeks ago! I'm happy that they took out Solo dances in Canada. I always used to get so nervous for those! :?? At least the dances are getting a bit more interesting. I don't compete dance. I want to pass Diamonds too... eventually! lol

Caitlin :halo:

dbny
10-19-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by luna_skater
I KNOW I would freak out because I am absolutely petrified of being on the ice by myself. I've never had to be alone on the ice for anything and the thought horrifies me. I am dreading the day when my coach decides its time to start testing skills, because I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. But, OTOH, I'm sure I would be better for it in the long run, having gotten over my fear!

My daughter always did her best when she had the ice to herself because she hated being interrupted by other skaters, or having to adjust her pattern for them. In her warm up for Juv moves, she was even knocked down very hard by another skater who wasn't looking. Maybe if you try thinking about it that way it will help. No on in your way, no one to look out for!

luna_skater
10-19-2003, 03:14 PM
It's not so much that aspect of it, as it is the fact that my entire career has been in synchro, and now I've been testing dance, so I don't completely trust myself to do the steps without the "security blanket" of someone right next to me. I just have to convince myself that I can do it by the time my first skills test rolls around!

Jade
10-19-2003, 04:29 PM
I love to Dance !
What dances are you all on??

CanAmSk8ter
10-19-2003, 04:35 PM
Well, it looks like I may be the first American dancer to reply to this thread- ironic, since the American is one of the dances I'm currently working on. I'm on my Silver test, which I think overlaps the Canadian Junior Silver and Senior Silver. Silver in the U.S. has the Rocker, the American and the Harris Tango. I passed my Rocker in August, and I was planning to take my American in December. Now my coach says my Tango looks better (it should- I've been working on it ad nauseum) and he thinks it's the stronger of the two now. So I'll probably take that in December instead. That'll be good, because then my club has another test in mid-January, toward the end of my winter break. I can spend winter break working hard on the American and test it then. I've worked a lot on my Blues, too, so coach and I are hoping to get that done in the spring sometime.

96.23??
10-19-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by CanAmSk8ter
Well, it looks like I may be the first American dancer to reply to this thread- ironic, since the American is one of the dances I'm currently working on. I'm on my Silver test, which I think overlaps the Canadian Junior Silver and Senior Silver. Silver in the U.S. has the Rocker, the American and the Harris Tango. I passed my Rocker in August, and I was planning to take my American in December. Now my coach says my Tango looks better (it should- I've been working on it ad nauseum) and he thinks it's the stronger of the two now. So I'll probably take that in December instead. That'll be good, because then my club has another test in mid-January, toward the end of my winter break. I can spend winter break working hard on the American and test it then. I've worked a lot on my Blues, too, so coach and I are hoping to get that done in the spring sometime.

If your Silver includes the rocker, harris, and american it would be the equivalent to our Junior Silver dances, our jr. silvers are the rocker, american, harris tango, and the keats foxtrot. Our Senior Silvers include the Passo, Starlight, Killian, Blues and I think the Cha Cha too, you only have to do 4 out of those 5.

footloose
10-19-2003, 09:38 PM
wow, great idea for a thread! :D
I love dance soooo much... I used to compete, but my partner quit, we didn't get past sectionals at all
since then I've competed in a couple solo dances, and I'm actually just trying to figure out if I should compete in one next month...I love it, but the dance would be the quickstep which I failed twice, and is my least favourite gold dance...ah well, I'll probalby pass this one up :??
For tests, I've got one gold left, and I'm starting to work on my diamonds - I learned a veeeeery sloooow version of the Yankee Polka this week! that was entertaining! my favourite's probably the Austrian...twizzles are fun lol
loving the dance chat!!
xoxo
Catie

Jess-ka
10-19-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by CanAmSk8ter
Well, it looks like I may be the first American dancer to reply to this thread- hehe i'm american too...duh, anywho....uhm yeah i dance...i am working on getingm y pre silvers tested...they are semi over due. and yeah...hmm i don't know what to say...my name is jessica.

Mrs Redboots
10-20-2003, 09:05 AM
For us British adults, although we do test and compete - see this week's lesson thread about yesterday's Oxford Seniors - social dance is The Thing. You can do lots of dances on a social dance session that are nowhere near ready to test or compete, and in a way it's one of the aims of our lessons and practices, as it's an end in itself.

Speaking personally, I'm rather stuck on the Swing Dance/Willow Waltz/British Waltz/Foxtrot sort of level; I highly doubt, actually, that I'll ever be much better than that, but I do enjoy trying! Now, if only I could learn to control my fear of 3-turns, and my inability to control Mohawks, I might get somewhere.....

luna_skater
10-26-2003, 09:25 PM
OK, let's talk twizzles!

I'm not far enough along in dance yet to have learned how to do a proper twizzle, but I've been struggling along with my own version of them for years in synchro. I was feeling half-decent about my left twizzle, and now my coach has gone and thrown in a right foot twizzle into the program! Arrrggghhh!!

Any tips? I've been told various things like, "It's all in the shoulders" and "Keep your weight on the ball of your foot." I find that I get caught up and don't do a full rotation on my right foot, and end up stepping out on the left foot to complete the rotation.

To clarify, since I know there are different sorts of twizzles, this is the kind where you do a right outside swing roll into a one-rotation inside twizzle.

Any words of widsom would be appreciated!

KarenR
10-26-2003, 10:43 PM
I'm working on a few twizzles...specifically from the Arg. and Rav Waltz. I think that aside from the "spin" feeling you get as you pull in the extended free leg - I also need to feel the correct weight placement on the twizzling foot.
I love working twizzles!

Question for the Canadian skaters - they took solo dances out of tests? Here in the US - you don't have to start soloing until you are working your Silver dances. (American, Tango, Rocker)

Happy Dancing!!!

Karen

luna_skater
10-27-2003, 01:35 AM
Yep, no more solos for us! However, there is a point I am a bit confused on...

...At first, I was under the impression there were no more mandatory solos, and the judge could also no longer ask for a solo. However, on the SC site it says that if you are over 25 and asked to solo, you don't have to. This implies the judge CAN ask for a solo. OTOH, the rule is from a year or two years ago. Anyone know for sure?

So to answer your question...there are no more mandatory solos, but I'm not entirely clear on whether the evaluator can ask for a solo if he/she would like to see you do it on your own.

IceDreams
10-28-2003, 07:57 PM
luna_skater wrote: "Any tips? I've been told various things like, "It's all in the shoulders" and "Keep your weight on the ball of your foot." I find that I get caught up and don't do a full rotation on my right foot, and end up stepping out on the left foot to complete the rotation."

I would love to know the answer to this also! I have a twizzle in the footwork of my long program where I step forward on my right inside edge and twizzle two times around counterclockwise. I always seem to just survive the twizzle, but it never feels like I'm in control of it.

Can anyone help us?? :)

icedancingnut31
10-29-2003, 03:21 AM
I want to start dancing when I learn my basics.
Clara

AshBugg44
10-29-2003, 01:25 PM
I don't take dance lessons like I wish I could, but I just do sessions on Tuesdays. I know the dutch, the fiesta, and the rhythm blues. I cannot remember the canasta for the life of me!

McWatters
10-30-2003, 05:38 PM
At mariposa all the dancers are know as Prancers. lol

Im a competative dancer and i train with Dave Islam. Right now im working on my Passo and i think its one of the easier dances but it is fast. Any other mariposa dancers out there??

In the descussion about judges asking for solos, well it is the same, Judges are still allowed to ask for the skater to perform a solo.

o and for all you who are having troubles with your twizzles make sure that u stand up and dont slouch, keep ur head up and go into the twizzle with a slight edge, depending on the kind of twizzle you are doin ie. right inside, left outside. Also i have noticed that different arm positions change the control of my twizzle, when u have time, experiment with different arm positions and see which suites you best. Im hope that helps!!

luna_skater
11-21-2003, 07:09 PM
Just thought I'd resurrect this thread! How are everyone's dances going? I just passed the Keats, American, and Rocker, and I learned the Harris Tango and the Kilian today. I absolutely LOVE both of them!

icedancer2
11-21-2003, 07:22 PM
I like the Harris Tango very much. it is such a precise dance -- some people don;t like it, but it's one of my favorites.

The killian on the other hand -- that is my nemesis, now and quite possibly, forever.

Congratulations on passing your tests -- that's great!

rinsk
11-22-2003, 02:13 PM
Congrats to luna_skater!

I've been bad and using too much of my dance time working on freestyle lately.

I competed my solo Chacha Congelado last week. Came 3rd of 5. It was pretty funny because the ice surface was so tiny that most people in the event were either hitting the boards or doing really weird patterns to avoid it. I tried Chacha on Monday with my coach to see if I want to keep working on in so that I have 2 dances to test when I go to the next US test. That back-to-back mohawk's going to be hard to get the hang of with a partner.

I've been completely neglecting my Westminster. Tried a couple of patterns today and wow, do they feel walked (mind you, I was all twisted watching out for people behind me because it was a busy session the day before tests and we have a couple of skaters who sort of like to walk into people). Got to work on getting my flow and glide back: bad, bad me.

My Romantica is still pretty much The Comedy of Errors (the highlight being my partner getting slapped across the face on a run-away arm movement going into the helicopter). Plan is to test it in February... Wow, I just can't see it being ready...

CanAmSk8ter
11-22-2003, 09:17 PM
I'm on my Tango right now. I'm taking it next month. I like it a lot at the moment. OTOH, I hate the Kilian with a passion. That choctaw is a royal pain in the, um, butt.

triple twist
11-23-2003, 06:50 PM
I do all types of skating but right now I'm really focusing on my dances. I like the Kilian and the Tango because they're fast! Dances like the american really get me down because it's all about extension! I've got good ones but they just take so much energy! I have a test in a few weeks, we'll see how that goes.

mousey
11-23-2003, 08:21 PM
i find dance sooo boring to do lol. but i want to get some levels, so i usually do dance in the spring. right now im on my european.

icedancer2
11-24-2003, 03:15 PM
You may find that the higher the level you go in dance, the more interesting they become. And at a certain point, even the early dances are more interesting, because you learn different nuances of the dances.

At least that is my experience.

Finally went to a social dance session after several months of not going -- it felt great and there were LOTS of dancers, which was fun. This may get me back on track!!

Mrs Redboots
11-25-2003, 06:42 AM
Compulsory dances can be boring, or they can be great fun. They are certainly challenging! Does your Federation offer tests in other dance streams, as well as compulsory? Ours has variation/original dance, Dance moves and Free Dance, right from the most basic levels. That does add to the interest!

pasopaso
11-26-2003, 01:31 PM
Hey 35 year old mom here – and I’m working on my Diamonds as well.

I currently have my Rhumba and Yankee Polka. I’m testing my Romantica this coming Wednesday. My first pattern is awesome, but then as I huff and puff for air on my 2nd round (cause I don’t breathe through the 1st pattern) it gets sloppy sloppy. I’m also working on Austrian, and will hopefully test that next at the end of February (that’s only if I pass my Romantica of course). I’m only on the ice once per week with my new schedule so that makes it a bit tough, but I enjoy every minute of it.

jamie_rae352
11-26-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by McWatters
At mariposa all the dancers are know as Prancers. lol

Im a competative dancer and i train with Dave Islam. Right now im working on my Passo and i think its one of the easier dances but it is fast. Any other mariposa dancers out there??

You train at Mariposa?? You are soo lucky, I only go to the seminar... I'm working on my Paso and Starlight and Starting the Blues (stupid dance coach...)

luna_skater
01-31-2004, 08:10 PM
I thought I'd resurrect this thread for us, and see how everyone is doing!

I'm working on three dances: the Harris, Kilian, and Blues. I'm testing all three in two weeks! I'm really excited to do the Harris; it is possibly my strongest dance to date. The Kilian felt grrrrrreat! yesterday, so I'm hoping I can keep that up in practice next week, and not chicken out on the choctaw! The Blues is another story. It's not terrible, but it's definitely not as comfortable as the other two. Everything is OK mainly except for the choctaw. I am having trouble getting the LFI edge deep enough, fast enough. Coach and I came to sort of a compromise last week where he makes his edge a little flatter, but I would much prefer to just get it right myself!!

How's everyone else coming in dance?

Aussie Willy
02-01-2004, 03:44 AM
Well I must be the only Aussie dancer here.

Just want to say I have been working on the American Waltz in my last lesson and it wasn't too bad. Got to get that 4th beat. My 3-turns have definately improved recently which feels great.

Mrs Redboots
02-01-2004, 06:07 AM
We are beginning to work on our dances for the coming season; it's mostly about presentation now, and really polishing our skills.

triple twist
02-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Hmm lets see now...I'm working on 3 senior silver dances. I haven't tested my kilian yet because well, I just despise it and therefore avoid from practising it! haha and I'm going to test the starlight and the also the paso as well soon, (upcoming test day).

How mnay dances does everyone test generally at one test day? Do you just go steady for one or take more at a time?

luna_skater
02-02-2004, 06:01 PM
For all of my test days, I have tested three dances at a time.

Jess-ka
02-02-2004, 07:22 PM
so far i have done 3 dances at a time but now my coaches want me to do only one at a time so i can perfect each dance and what not.

Mrs Redboots
02-04-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by triple twist
How mnay dances does everyone test generally at one test day? Do you just go steady for one or take more at a time? Here in the UK you don't have a choice - each test consists of two dances, and you have to pass both of them to a certain standard, or you have to retake the whole test. No reskates allowed, either.

However, the dance moves, variation/original dance and free dance are all separate tests, with separate entry fees and lots more money into NISA's pockets.

luna_skater
02-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Passed my Harris, Blues, and Kilian today! I will get to start working on the Starlight and the Paso on Thursday!

icedancer2
02-10-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by luna_skater
Passed my Harris, Blues, and Kilian today! I will get to start working on the Starlight and the Paso on Thursday!

Congratulations!! That is no small feat!!

triple twist
02-11-2004, 12:35 AM
Luna skater, how could you pass the harris along with the tango and blues if you are not allowed to pass a dance that is not in the same category? You have to pass all of your jr. silvers before you can do senior silvers...

alexeiluvr
02-11-2004, 11:14 AM
I learned my first five dances in seven lessons!

luna_skater
02-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by triple twist
Luna skater, how could you pass the harris along with the tango and blues if you are not allowed to pass a dance that is not in the same category? You have to pass all of your jr. silvers before you can do senior silvers...

I had to skate the Harris first, and then the evaluator confirmed that I had passed so I could go on to do the Blues and Killian. I had already passed my first three Junior Silvers.

Jess-ka
02-11-2004, 12:40 PM
i'm testing my american waltz and rocker foxtrot on the 20th of this month...i found out last week:roll:

luna_skater
02-18-2004, 09:32 AM
Good luck! Hope you do well!

Well, I think my coach is certifiably insane. He's got me down to test the Starlight and Paso in a month! And he taught me a gold dance yesterday! I like the fact that he's that confident in my abilities...but yikes! At least this will prevent me from slacking off. I can practically see the minutes seconds ticking by with every beat of the music! :lol:

Mrs Redboots
02-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Both glorious dances - the Starlight and the Paso, I mean. I just wish I could do them, but they are beyond my abilities as yet, even recreationally. Husband can do both - Starlight is good and Paso a bit wobbly - but only solo, although we have spent ages stepping through the change-of-hold in the Starlight to try to work it out. I can never remember what you're supposed to do, only that the person who taught me the dance said "It is not an excuse to grope your partner!" Mind you, it's a lot easier for the men, isn't it!

What gold dance are you learning?

luna_skater
02-18-2004, 04:10 PM
I can never remember what you're supposed to do, only that the person who taught me the dance said "It is not an excuse to grope your partner!" Mind you, it's a lot easier for the men, isn't it!

Lol. :lol:

The gold I'm learning is the Viennese. I really like it. My strong suit is knees and edges, so it suits me quite well. :)

I just ordered a new dance dress today, from Six-0. I can't wait to get it! It's the first dress I've ever actually bought that isn't for synchro, lol. You can see what it looks like: http://www.sixoactivewear.com/tc37.html. I'm getting the yellow skirt with it.

Mrs Redboots
02-19-2004, 05:00 AM
Oh, that's lovely - very Paso! I couldn't wear a dress like that, though - my arms are too fat! I'd have to have flesh-coloured sleeves put in.

The Viennese is lovely - way beyond me and my husband, but there is a new low-level danced called Tulips from Amsterdam which can be done to the Viennese music, and we are learning that. Failing that, we just chasse round the rink in waltz hold in time to the music!

My favourite dance at the moment is a dumbed-down version of the Silver Samba, called the Riolado Samba.

InlineUnited
02-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by IceDreams
luna_skater wrote: "Any tips? I've been told various things like, "It's all in the shoulders" and "Keep your weight on the ball of your foot." I find that I get caught up and don't do a full rotation on my right foot, and end up stepping out on the left foot to complete the rotation."

I would love to know the answer to this also! I have a twizzle in the footwork of my long program where I step forward on my right inside edge and twizzle two times around counterclockwise. I always seem to just survive the twizzle, but it never feels like I'm in control of it.

Can anyone help us?? :)

Twizzles have got to be the bane of most dancers, competitive and non competitive. Honestly the best way to get better at them is to just do twizzles up and down the ice. What myself and my partner have been doing lately is either doing forward inside twizzles exiting forward then step onto other foot into forward inside... all the way up the ice then repeat for all the other 3 sets of twizzles. Or a little more complicated forward inside to back outside and forward outside to back inside. Practice practice practice!! I've noticed after a few weeks of doing twizzle exercises on every session that they are already becoming easier and more fluid.

Hope that helps.

Jess-ka
02-20-2004, 08:05 PM
YAY!! i passed my american and my rocker today woopwoop! i was excited and i felt the need to share. My mom and my brother also passed their tests too, it was a family affair lol

Mrs Redboots
02-21-2004, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Jess-ka
YAY!! i passed my american and my rocker today woopwoop! i was excited and i felt the need to share. My mom and my brother also passed their tests too, it was a family affair lol Yeah! Well done Jess-ka and family!

Cinderella
02-21-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Jess-ka
YAY!! i passed my american and my rocker today woopwoop! i was excited and i felt the need to share. My mom and my brother also passed their tests too, it was a family affair lol

Way to go! Great day for you AND your family. Woo hoo!

luna_skater
04-21-2004, 05:01 PM
How's dance treating everyone these days? I passed three golds today! Quickstep, Viennese, and Argentine. I just have the Westminster left; I've learned it, but haven't worked on it much yet.

icedancer2
04-21-2004, 05:36 PM
Congratulations!! That is no small accomplishment!!

Yippee!! :lol: :bow: :bow:

twokidsskatemom
04-21-2004, 07:45 PM
My daughter always did her best when she had the ice to herself because she hated being interrupted by other skaters, or having to adjust her pattern for them. In her warm up for Juv moves, she was even knocked down very hard by another skater who wasn't looking. Maybe if you try thinking about it that way it will help. No on in your way, no one to look out for!

My dd is the same way, she loves being on the ice alone.8 months ago, she wouldnt dream of being on the ice without an adult close by, now she loves her alone time.We are lucky she skates where alot of times, she is the only one out.

twokidsskatemom
04-21-2004, 07:46 PM
How's dance treating everyone these days? I passed three golds today! Quickstep, Viennese, and Argentine. I just have the Westminster left; I've learned it, but haven't worked on it much yet.
that is great news !!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Mrs Redboots
04-22-2004, 07:28 AM
How's dance treating everyone these days? I passed three golds today! Quickstep, Viennese, and Argentine. I just have the Westminster left; I've learned it, but haven't worked on it much yet.Oh, wow! That is seriously gorgeous! Well done, well done!:bow:

triple twist
04-22-2004, 05:26 PM
What does everyone usually get on the mark scale on their dance tests?

rinsk
04-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Mark scale?

Heh heh, that um, varies tremendously...

US tests: I've generally gotten close to passing standard (with maybe a 0.2 range up or down). Canada, I generally get goods and satisfactories with the odd needs improvement, often in timing (you mean I'm SUPPOSED to be ON beat???) and the odd excellent.

As for dances: still on that Romantica. Missed last test day because I had eye surgery. Still trying to find my balance and regain a lot of the flow and ease that I've lost since. Hoping to test it in May before relocating this summer.

plinko
04-28-2004, 08:32 AM
(Canada), I got Goods on my prelim dances, I've never gotten an excellent and complained about it to the coach because I did the dances how they should be, not like the little kids who are being held up and manage to pass with Satisfactory. I was told that as an adult there's more expected of us in expression especially, and that we have to be better to get the same mark.
But a pass is a pass and adults can go on to do the higher dances faster than the little kids, which is true, I'm doing 3 dances at a time, where the kids are doing one. I'll smack into reality when I hit the Killian.