View Full Version : Breathing some new life into leather

MissIndigo
10-15-2003, 10:18 PM
I am looking to sell an old pair of skates I had, my very first pair, in fact. It was a boot/blade set from Riedell, and is still usable for someone who just wants their own skates and skates casually. Now that our seasonal rink is open, someone would probably want these skates.

I'm in the process of cleaning them up, and was wondering if there's some sort of leather treatment or polish that any of you particularly like to make the skates shiny, and can hide some scuff marks.

luna_skater
10-16-2003, 12:22 AM
Clean the skates using a Leather Dye Preparer (Magix brand works), and then use a white leather spray (you can use Magix again) to go over the whole boot. Here is an FAQ for spraying skates beige, for synchro skaters, but you can use the same directions for spraying them with a coat of white to make them look like new: LINK. (http://www.worldsynchro.com/office/sprayingskates.html)

garyc254
10-16-2003, 08:22 AM
I had to laugh at the typo in the link site.

"Tips on how to spay your skates......"

I didn't know you could SPAY skates. :lol:

blurrysarah
10-16-2003, 09:28 AM
Even if you could spay skates, I don't know why you'd want to. Imagine the money you could make selling the babies...:lol:

garyc254
10-16-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by blurrysarah
Even if you could spay skates, I don't know why you'd want to. Imagine the money you could make selling the babies...:lol:

Purebred SP-Teriettes w/ papers

MissIndigo
10-16-2003, 01:03 PM
Oh my...what started out as such an innocent thread...:oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Baby Klingbeils, anyone?

garyc254
10-16-2003, 04:38 PM
I'm sure spaying won't breathe any new life into their leather. :lol:

luna_skater
10-16-2003, 07:15 PM
:D LOL. I didn't notice the error. I'll have it fixed. Then again...maybe I'll leave it so it can provide amusement for the masses!

dbny
10-16-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by luna_skater
:D LOL. I didn't notice the error. I'll have it fixed.

But that's just what we're saying, having it "fixed" :lol:

luna_skater
10-16-2003, 07:51 PM
PML! :mrgreen:

skatepixie
10-16-2003, 10:12 PM
I didnt notice the error myself...Im all "What? Why are they talking about babies?"

But while we're at it...some baby harlicks would be nice...they grow to your foot and because they are young they heal themselves even more...

Mrs Redboots
10-17-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by dbny
But that's just what we're saying, having it "fixed" :lol: Oh, please - don't write things like that when I have a mouthful of coffee..... Sheesh, I needed a good laugh this morning! Thanks.

garyc254
10-17-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by dbny
But that's just what we're saying, having it "fixed" :lol:

Don't tell me the screwdriver slipped again. :roll: