View Full Version : I'm going to skate 2moro!

melanieuk
10-14-2003, 09:40 AM
On Sunday I went to watch the Scotland Championships and felt somewhat inspired. :roll:
Today my skating buddy, who is 19, asked me to come skating at patch tomorrow. I half-heartedly said OK, and only half expected she'd book it for me. Well she did - via my coach, who says "it's great" that I'm coming in to skate.
So I've dug my skates out from under the bed and packed a bag, complete with my old faithful hip pads.
Part of me fears I wont be able to do a thing, the other part is excited. I know that my confidence is gone. :(
I'll let you know tomorrow in the lessons thread, what it is like after 5 months off-ice.
8O

The poll is to ask you what you think I should do while I'm on the ice.

melanieuk
10-14-2003, 09:45 AM
I voted to do spins only! :roll:

dani
10-14-2003, 10:02 AM
I say, do what feels comfortable!!

Good job! I hope it hooks you right back in!

Hugs!
Danielle

jazzpants
10-14-2003, 10:43 AM
I vote for "Play it by ear" (but with the provision that if "play it by ear" is spins only, then go for it! :D

Hope you get the "fever" back, Mel!!! We missed you on the lessons/practice thread! :twisted: :lol: (Even though I mostly read it and post only sproadically on it.) :halo: :mrgreen:

NickiT
10-14-2003, 04:04 PM
I voted "play it by ear". If you've been off the ice for a few months you need to get your skating legs back again. I'm sure you'll be fine and it will feel like you've not been off, but you're probably wise to wait and see. Knowing you you'll end up doing a whole lot more which will be great!!!

Nicki

Lutzgirl
10-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Do what you fell you are comfertable with!
Dont just work on one particular thing ! Get your skating legs back....and play it by "ear" *year*

Oh and have fun!:D:D:D:D:D

TashaKat
10-15-2003, 02:19 AM
I think that you should just go out and do the axel ..... nothing to it ;)

Glad you're going back, Mel ..... perhaps you could entice ME to start skating again ......

Play it by ear I would say! My 'first' time back was pretty 'good' (relatively) and I could do everything up to flip, attempted (but failed) Lutz and even attempted an axel ..... my next 'first' time backs got progressively worse but that was a 'head' thing. Just see how you feel.

All the best

Hugs

x

Mrs Redboots
10-15-2003, 06:48 AM
Playing it by ear is the only thing to do. So how did it go? Are you back? I do hope so! :!:

melanieuk
10-15-2003, 08:32 AM
I went and I enjoyed and came away with mega-sore feet, but hey! I did it!
See lessons thread! ;)

PS I did play it by ear.
I stuck mainly to spins but did 3 mini-jumps too. 8O

GoldSeals
10-18-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by melanieuk
I went and I enjoyed and came away with mega-sore feet, but hey! I did it!
See lessons thread! ;)

PS I did play it by ear.
I stuck mainly to spins but did 3 mini-jumps too. 8O

Good for you:)
I would say if you were bicycling a bit you would probably have no problem skating backward ,and forward strokes.Thats what I did when I came back.Of if you were laying up awhile I would have said play it by ear.
Glad to see you back:)
GoldSeals:)