View Full Version : Snap Cup

Sk8Bunny
10-11-2003, 02:06 PM
First of all, let me explain a snap cup. It is from the movie Legally Blonde 2. A snap cup is where you write nice things about someone and write it on a 'warm fuzzy' and submit it to the snap cup. and then people read the 'warm fuzzies' and snap for the person who wrote something.

For this thread, a poster will tell us all about a skating accomplishment(in other words, bragging about it, hehe). And this will be a 'warm fuzzy', which will go into the Snap Cup, ie, this thread. Read below for further details and instructions, and to find out why this thread is being started.

A few days ago I read on a different message forum about a person who had expressed their fustration of not being able to tell about their skating to their non-skating friends. Whether a fan/spectator of skating, or a skater(sorry fans, this thread is mostly for skaters, but fans are more than welcome to post too), we all have those moments when we just want to leap up and down and shout to the whole world about a new accomplishment, or placing well at a competition, etc.
Lets try and keep this thread going and going, for as long as possible. If you land a new jump, learn a new spin, pass a test, win a competition, or something totally great, TELL US ALL ABOUT IT!!! We want to hear it! Tell us in the form of a 'Warm Fuzzy'. No need to be humble or modest in this thread, cause as the subject says, this is a 'Snaps cup' thread ;o)
Meaning you add your bragging moment, hehe, to the 'Snap cup', and then the next poster will put in their following post "Snaps for (name of poster who posted before) for (add what they did here)"
So post away about what awesome things your doing in skating! But however, lets keep this a POSITIVE thread! please respect each others accomplishments and what they choose to 'brag' about. Whether its learning a waltz jump, or a triple toe loop, all posters are equal to brag. So brag away! hehe. Have fun!!!

I'll start, just to give an example of how this thread can work.

WARM FUZZY:
Last weekend I passed my pre-juvenile moves and freeskate tests!!

Ok, so now the next poster will start out their post with:
*Snaps for Sk8Bunny for passing her tests!* and then they will write *WARM FUZZY* and post whatever they want to brag about. hehe.

I hope this all makes sense, and furthermore, I hope this thread is enjoyed by all! Let me know if I can help better explain things. Have fun!!!!

Sk8Bunny

Lutzgirl
10-12-2003, 05:24 PM
Warm Fuzzy: I Just landed my lutz and now am working on my axel big achievment seeing i have only been skating for 1 year!
Also taking my Swing dance and preliminary skills in Novemmber

Snaps sk8bunny thanks for this post...its sad that noone has replied to it though!

96.23??
10-12-2003, 07:03 PM
*Double SNAPS for sk8bunny and lutzgirl!* :D Congrats to both of you!

Warm Fuzzy: toe axels have been eliminated FINALLY!

CanAmSk8ter
10-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Snap to 96.23 for eliminating her toe-axel!

Ummm... I partnered the Starlight today for the first time, and I did it without killing myself or my coach!

sk8er1964
10-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Snap to CanAm for not killing anyone! :P Seriously, I am not a dancer and have done only a very few partnered dances - I found out that it's hard with a partner!

Warm Fuzzy - I am getting my axel and axel-toe take offs at program speed without freaking out - yipee!

Lutzgirl
10-12-2003, 07:48 PM
Snaps sk8er1964 on her speed with axels:halo::halo:

......... *WARM AND FUZZY*-I PASSED MY PRELIMNIARY DANCES :):)

Black Sheep
10-12-2003, 08:12 PM
Snap! to lutzgirl for passing her preliminary dances! :D

Warm Fuzzy: I won one of the dresses AshBugg44 had for sale on eBay! 8-)

Lutzgirl
10-12-2003, 08:39 PM
*SNAP*-Blacksheep for winning one of Ashbuggs dresses!

*WARM AND FUZZY*-IM ON MY FIESTA NOW!AND IM DOIN REALLY WELL:)

AshBugg44
10-12-2003, 09:14 PM
*SNAP* - Congrats on the fiesta. That was the first dance I ever memorized - I love it!
*WARM FUZZY* - My lutz/loop combination is becoming consistent both in and out of my program!

Lutzgirl
10-12-2003, 09:21 PM
*SNAP* Ashbugg good job on your lutz/loop combo its hard! And u got it!
*WARM AND FUZZY* I LOVE THIS POST!

AshBugg44
10-12-2003, 09:26 PM
*SNAP* Yay to lutzgirl for loving this post! lol It was a good idea!
*WARM FUZZY* I leave for regionals on Tuesday!

Lutzgirl
10-12-2003, 09:29 PM
*SNAP*Asbugg ! HOPE YOU DO GREAT IN REGIONALS!

*WARM AND FUZZY*I love the people who posted this!

Mrs Redboots
10-13-2003, 06:02 AM
Snaps to LutzGirl for loving the people who have posted so far.

Warm Fuzzies: Robert and I did the Foxtrot together on Saturday morning and found we could!

NickiT
10-13-2003, 07:55 AM
*SNAP* Annabel and Robert for doing the foxtrot together!!!

*WARM FUZZY* Getting to skate in the British Adult Championships, when a while back nobody expected me to be able to skate again after a nasty ankle injury.

Nicki

Lutzgirl
10-13-2003, 09:28 AM
*SNAPS*NickT for getting to skate in the adult championships! WELL DONE :D:D:D:D

*WARM AND FUZZY* Im skating in my 2nd ever competion !:D:D

Sk8Bunny
10-13-2003, 11:45 PM
*SNAPS* for Lutzgirl for skating her 2nd competition!

Warm Fuzzy- I did some really great combonation spins today. Havent worked on them for awhile, but was pleased to have a camel, sit, back sit, and a camel, layback, back sit, back stratch that were decent.

TreSk8sAZ
10-14-2003, 02:43 PM
*SNAPS* to Sk8Bunny for doing some GREAT combo spins!

*WARM FUZZY* I passed pre-pre mitf and dutch waltz last weekend, got to learn a new dance as a reward (one of the silvers) AND I get to test pre mitf, two more dances, and pre-pre fs very very soon in another city!

Sk8Bunny
10-14-2003, 06:19 PM
SNAPS for TreSk8sAZ for doing an AWESOME job on her tests and passing them two weeks ago! fyi, never listen to negative comments from judges- they dont know what theyre talking about:lol: You sure proved them wrong about not passing!:P hehe. Congrats again!!!

Warm Fuzzy: I cant really think of any. I had a bad day skating, so I guess my accomplishment would be that I stayed on the ice the whole hour and didnt quit early. lol.

Lutzgirl
10-14-2003, 06:32 PM
*SNAPS*Goodjob sk8tebunny on not leaving the ice :) ghave a better time next time u sk8te!

*WARM AND FUZZY*I Now have the oppotunity to help in the canskate and canskate advanced group and the learing disabiltys group :):):):):):)

Stormy
10-14-2003, 08:13 PM
*SNAP* to lutzgirl for being an awesome teacher for canskate!

*WARM FUZZY* My Intermediate moves, especially the brackets, were great today!!

sk8er1964
10-14-2003, 08:24 PM
Snap to Stormy for her Intermediate moves - especially those blasted brackets (from someone who has been there ;) )

Warm Fuzzy - my coach says that my overall skating in my program is so much better, and he's happy with my progress :D . (In part due to the Intermediate moves, BTW)

Mel1977
10-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Snaps to sk8er1964 for you accomplishments! Overall skating in a program is what it's all about! (But the jumps and spins help too!)
Also, snaps because (I don't know if you remember this) you told me about this website when I was navagating through the USFSA discussion boards one day last year. It's great to be able to talk to so many adult skaters!

Warm fuzzy...Ummm...I won't be skating much or competing this year, but it's for a good reason! I just found out I'm pregnant a few weeks ago!

Jess-ka
10-14-2003, 08:41 PM
snaps to mel on the new baby, i hope you have a sweetie and a good baby
warm and fuzzy, i'll have a lesson on thursday with my coaches before they leave again for skate america wheee....and i am going to test my freedance soon i am uber excited:D

Mrs Redboots
10-15-2003, 06:40 AM
Snaps to Jess-ka for her lesson and forthcoming test.

Warm Fuzzy My coach says my skating has gone up a level since June!

sk8er1964
10-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Double snaps to you, Mrs. Redboots. That's the cherry on top of the whipped cream on the ice cream! :D

Mel1977 - I remember! Congrats on the baby! :) :)

Warm Fuzzys - Today was a rather lousy practice technically, but the warm fuzzy is having fun with my fellow adult skaters!

Black Sheep
10-16-2003, 08:50 AM
Snaps to sk8er1964 for simply having fun with her fellow adult skaters. That makes me wish I was part of her club.

Warm Fuzzy: Actually, this happened two days ago. I managed to skate a clean program without bumping into or getting yelled at by "Crazy Lady"! 8-)

Lutzgirl
10-16-2003, 03:28 PM
*SNAPS* Blacksheep ! woohoo the wicked witch is dead!

*WARM & FUZZY* I PASSED AMHA PRELIMS!

sk8er1964
10-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Snaps to Lutzgirl for passing your AHMA prelim - as an American I have no idea what that is....what is that?

Warm Fuzzy - Fixed a rather annoying section of my straight line footwork today. I always seemed to catch my blade on the ice in this one part, and adding an extra cross-back solved that problem without pushing my combo jump at the end into the boards :lol:.

Mrs Redboots
10-17-2003, 02:41 AM
Snaps to skater1964 for fixing her footwork!

Warm Fuzzy Really do feel more aware of my faults when skating - now to learn to correct them. Actually, two days before a competition, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Sk8Bunny
10-18-2003, 05:52 PM
*SNAPS* for Mrs Redboots for being more aware of her skating. Too answer your question, I dont know if its a good or bad thing, but GOOD LUCK on your competition anyways!!

WARM FUZZY: I had one of those 'on days' at skating. You know, the kind that makes you remember why you skate in the first place. Jumps went well, and I did 2 run-throughs of my program without gasping for air at the end. yay! lol.

Lutzgirl
10-18-2003, 06:06 PM
yay!
*SNAPS* Goodjob sk8bunny On a clean program ! And no gasps off breath at the end!....well done!!lol!:D:D:D

*WARM FUZZY*I finished my first daya day as an OSO (ontario special Olympics) Volunteer it was great and its really rewarding!:D:D:D:D:D ;) ;) ;)

Jess-ka
10-19-2003, 08:28 PM
**snaps** for lutzgirls rewarding experience

**warm and fuzzy** i had a good run through of my freedance today and it is my last chance to skate it before i test!!

CanAmSk8ter
10-19-2003, 08:42 PM
*snaps* to Jess for FD run-through. You'll be fine on Tuesday!

*warm and fuzzy* I took today off! I thought about skating this afternoon but my knee hurts so I used common sense- not something that's common for me.