View Full Version : Blade problems

sk8er1964
09-26-2003, 09:29 PM
Hi all --

I love my blades, but the chrome is chipping off of them in several places - especially on the toepicks and on the back of the blades.

They are Ultima Elites that are almost a year old. I emailed the company and they didn't respond. I think Jackson makes them (?)

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I be worried? Should I try to contact the company another way? Will my way-too-expensive blades rust because of this??????

luna_skater
09-26-2003, 09:33 PM
I got a pair of Ultimas a few years ago, and my blade mounter told me that some people had this chipping problem. I personally never had a problem (I've had my blades since 1998), but I believe those who did were able to get them replaced. Ultima was independent when I bought my blades, but yes, they are owned by Jackson now.

I would definitely contact them. It surprises me they haven't remedied this yet.

jenlyon60
09-27-2003, 06:08 AM
My coach has almost brand-new Ultimas (He got them in June). The chrome is chipping on them also, since about August. He has not had time to head down to the pro shop and see about getting an exchange.

I have heard really good things, in terms of skatability, about the Ultima dance blades, and my coach is really happy with his, other than the chrome.

Hearing more stories about chrome chipping is about the only thing holding me back from switching to the Ultima dance blades.

Elsy2
09-27-2003, 08:49 AM
The chrome chipped off in my toepick areas after a few weeks, but never progressed farther, and it's never rusted. I've had my Ultimas
about a year and a half. Daughter's has less chrome chipped on the toepick areas, just the very tips of the picks, but a large chunk off the back of one blade. She's had her's almost two years. This has never effected the performance of the blade, so we just ignored it. Our blades were purchased from stock prior to Jackson taking over.