View Full Version : Tuesday night skater's chat - success!!!

icedancer2
09-23-2003, 11:08 PM
Well, we had the 1st night of the Tuesday evening skater's chat and I think it was pretty successful!! Lots of intricate talk about Dance, Moves, Freestyle, blades, ice, competitions, you name it -- all of the stuff that we like to talk about!!

Hope to see you again next week.

I noticed several people dropping in and not commenting and wondering why -- wrong format, too slow?

Comments, please!!

I could see eventually where we might want to have separate chats for freestyle, dance, moves, synchro, competitors, recreational skaters, etc. --

Fun!

skatesnrides
09-24-2003, 06:18 AM
I completely forgot about it!

I will join you next week!

Mrs Redboots
09-24-2003, 06:20 AM
Middle of the night for me, alas....

icedancer2
09-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Redboots
Middle of the night for me, alas....

Well, let's see, if I'm on at 10 pm US West Coast time, then it would be -- ?? like 6 in the morning for you?

Hee-hee -- I hope we can do a mid-day chat at some point! (This was just the beginning!!)

Lutzgirl
09-24-2003, 02:18 PM
i forgot srry c ya next week!

Black Sheep
09-24-2003, 05:47 PM
I tried to get into the chat later on, but it wouldn't take my screenname/password.

Stormy
09-24-2003, 07:20 PM
I got in, but for some reason, everything I posted came up multiple times. To see the new posts, do you need to keep refreshing the screen, or does it do it on it's own?

sk8er1964
09-24-2003, 07:35 PM
I think you need to keep refreshing. Don't quote me, however, because that was my first ever chat.

The problem I had is that someone was private chatting with me at the same time I was also public chatting. I would answer the private chat and then try to answer the public chat. However, I would forget to change the choice to public (or "all" or whatever it was), and my posts would go to the private. I couldn't figure out how to copy it, so I would end up retyping the post to the public chat. Whew - that was a major pain!

I did enjoy it, however, even though I didn't get to come into it until later.

luna_skater
09-24-2003, 07:56 PM
Stormy, there is a "Reload" button to press on the chat screen; don't use the Refresh button in your browser. That could have been the problem.

Black Sheep
09-24-2003, 08:06 PM
I just figured out my correct username and password, and I think I have next Tuesday night available, so if someone could please keep me posted at what time it will be next week (CDT), I'd highly appreciate it. Thank U! 8-)

Stormy
09-24-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by luna_skater
Stormy, there is a "Reload" button to press on the chat screen; don't use the Refresh button in your browser. That could have been the problem.

Yup, that must have been it. I was refreshing the whole broswer window. Duh. :roll:

icedancer2
09-24-2003, 08:22 PM
Well, last night we started around 7:40 EST and 4:40 PST, so Central time would be what -- 6:30 or so!!

Tune in and see who shows up!!

It is hard to keep the messages straight -- I haven't bothered with the "private" chats much -- too complex for me -- but at some point I'm sure we'll all be experts!