View Full Version : new skates helpppp please

chiclet
09-22-2003, 08:04 PM
this summer i was working on passing my preliminary freeskate test so i was skating 5 days a week. the week before my test i felt my skate do something weird so after the lesson i went off and looked at it the whole backsid of it was pulled apart. it had rotted through. now these were not very good boots jackson classique and my parents are not use to paying hundreds of dollars for boots and blades. but now i need new skates and my i will be stating my axels and doubles. is there any boots and blade that will work for me that aren't too expensive?? i have i just turned 15 and am 5'8 and fairly thin. can anyone help??

96.23??
09-22-2003, 08:17 PM
Umm, well it all depends on the shape and size of your foot, your power, and how much you will be skating in them. Go to a proshop or a skating store and get them to fit your foot and see what works best, sometimes they will give you a few options that you can pick out of, but it's better to have a boot that's going to fit you well than to have one that is cheaper and not working out for you.

Good luck on that! :D

flippet
09-22-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by chiclet
the whole backsid of it was pulled apart. it had rotted through

Dumb question, but do you make sure to thoroughly dry your skates after skating, and let them air out? This sounds pretty severe! 8O