View Full Version : Help with Austrian waltz please

Jillianioso
09-17-2003, 12:26 PM
Hey so I haven't found a coach yet (only one can teach diamonds on my session but he's full) so I decided to try and teach myself for the time being. So I started with the Austrian Waltz because I love waltzes soo much hehe. Anyway.. there are a few steps I'm unsure of.. if someone could help that would be great!

The step between 9a and 9b. It says xb-lbo so does that mean that you do a very quick cross behind after the inside 3 and then 9b is a cross in front onto the back inside? I think I get that one... ok

now 21a it says RFO-RBO-hk ?? unless its too blurry and what I made out is wrong. I dunno that step just looks weird. Any help is appreciated!

Isabelle
09-17-2003, 02:52 PM
I know the Austrian Waltz but I'm SO bad at learning steps from the book. (I'm a visual learner) If it's possible for you to explain what steps the ones you're having trouble with are between (in words), I might be able to help you. :)

Madame Saccoche
09-17-2003, 03:56 PM
I'm assuming you're talking about the steps that come after the rocker.

In my book I have the following:

20a RFO-RBO (the rocker )

20b XB-LBO (cross behind with the left foot)

21 XF-RBI-3-Sw (back inside three turn, swing the left leg thru)

Hope this helps, this is my favourite dance.

Jillianioso
09-17-2003, 11:42 PM
thanks so much for replying!

So is there a little step in the rocker? just the pattern shows there is... :?:

rinsk
09-18-2003, 12:46 PM
There's a little extra push in the rocker. Steep onto the forward edge then you touch down to give yourself a push on the actual turn.

Aussie Willy
09-19-2003, 08:11 AM
You should try and get a copy of it from this year's worlds because that was the compulsory dance. I managed to get this from a trade. I have tried to learn a few steps but there are so many.