View Full Version : Music editing

RNsk8r
09-14-2003, 06:40 PM
I just recently got my own computer, and wanted to start playing around with editing my own music. I know several people on this board also edit music, and I was wondering what programs people use. Also, tips on editing music would also be appreciated. Thanks Andrea

footloose
09-14-2003, 10:30 PM
Hi RNsk8r!
I cut all my own music, and have done some for other skaters, using CoolEdit 2000....there's a shareware trial you can download, I believe, if you search for the name. I don't remember exactly, but the trial either has only certain features, or lasts for 30 days, I'm not sure which...I bought the full version after playing around with the trial one, because it seemed worth it!
I hope you enjoy cutting and chopping at music as much as I do! :o) and I'm interested too to know what other people use?
xoxo Catie

TashaKat
09-15-2003, 02:32 AM
I use CoolEdit and have found it the easiest to use. It's been fine for me and I've done all kinds with it :D

L x

Candleonwater
09-15-2003, 06:12 AM
Here's another vote for Cool Edit. I use it to cut my daughters music. I found the trial version difficult to use and impossible to get a true feel for the program, so I went ahead and bought it. I've been nothing but pleased.

brown
09-15-2003, 07:44 AM
Both of these are great programs to edit audio. However, Cool Edit has been discontinued and Cool Edit Pro has been bought by Adobe and it is called 'Adobe Audition'.

Details from:
www.adobe.com/special/products/audition/syntrillium.html

Adobe Audition is the same great Cool Edit Pro that you know and love along with the addition of enhanced integration with Adobe Premiere® Pro® and Adobe After Effects® 6.0 software. Adobe Audition also includes 4,500 high-quality royalty-free loops so you can make your own music quickly and easily.

Syntrillium’s other products — Cool Edit 2000, Red Rover, Snoqualmie, Wind Chimes, Kaleidoscope, and the content available on the Loopology.com site — have been discontinued.