View Full Version : the most annoying thing is

chiclet
09-14-2003, 03:48 PM
wen the higher level prima donnas show up and talk about wut they r doin and how great they r i meen one time(im not joking) this chick came up to me and said that i should go to dance class because im not very gracefull i was soooo mad then she gets on the ice and can't even do a decent layback or spiral to save her life i meen my coach is always teling people about how gracefull i am its sooooo anoying
if anyone else has any annoying habits from people at your rink id luv to hear them thanx

jp1andOnly
09-14-2003, 04:27 PM
well im going to write in one complete run on sentence so you will understand what a hard time everyone is having reading your posts i think you needto use punctuations and correct spelling because i have no idea when you talk where once sentence starts and the other end if you want people to take you seriously please use correct sentence structure its not that hard to add some capitals and spell WHAT instead of WUT i really would like to reply to your conversation about this topic you just posted on but i cant because i can't follow your train of thought.

OK..now do you understand why people find your posts hard to read? Spelling isn't all that important but adding periods and capitals allows us to understand your posts. Please try and help us out by posting correctly. People have asked you several times and it would be polite to try and oblige.

Stormy
09-14-2003, 09:34 PM
I finally have to chime in and agree. Teenspeak or AOL speak is VERY hard to read and understand. Really, by this point, you're doing it on purpose because you've been asked several times and sooner or later, NO ONE will bother to read anything you post.
I'm not sure how old you are, chiclet, but I'm sure you can write in complete sentences with proper punctuation. I'm sure you don't write like that for school!

sk8er1964
09-14-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by chiclet
wen the higher level prima donnas show up and talk about wut they r doin and how great they r i meen one time(im not joking) this chick came up to me and said that i should go to dance class because im not very gracefull i was soooo mad then she gets on the ice and can't even do a decent layback or spiral to save her life i meen my coach is always teling people about how gracefull i am its sooooo anoying
if anyone else has any annoying habits from people at your rink id luv to hear them thanx

Just for fun, lets see if I can translate.

"When the higher level prima donnas show up and talk about what they are doing, and how great they are.....I mean one time (I'm not joking) this chick came up to me and said that I should go to dance class, because I am not very graceful. I was so mad. Then she gets on the ice and can't even do a decent layback or spiral to save her life. I mean, my coach is always telling people about how graceful I am -- it's so annoying. If anyone else has any annoying habits from people at your rink I'd love to hear them. Thanks."

It took me multiple re-reads to be able to translate the original paragraph. I usually don't take that kind of time on a post I cannot read easily.

I'm sorry, chiclet, but I agree with the others. Which is easier to read - your original post or my translation? We really need your help here. Please post in plain English, because if you don't we will stop reading and responding (I know that this is my last effort). That won't be much fun for you.

TashaKat
09-15-2003, 02:40 AM
ITA regarding the 'teenspeak', I usually ignore posts that I can't understand. I don't have the time to read them through several times and then translate!

I think, though, that you're asking the same thing that is being asked on the 'Pet Peeves' post:

http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10136

x

Mistyeyed
09-15-2003, 06:11 AM
Don't worry guys or gals! Thanks to your super helpful and let-me-help-you-get-a-life response to the above post, that poster probably will never post here again.

Mistyeyed
09-15-2003, 06:20 AM
Just in case you do drop by chicklet, I would say to just ignore the little prima's. You can look them in the eye, smile, act like you give a care and still not give a rats @$#. You control you, not they that control you. If you have confidence in yourself, then others need not destroy you with petty statements meant to tear you down. So smile, enjoy yourself, work hard and don't sweat the small stuff. Better to keep yourself and your gear safe and mores the joy when you actually go out there on the ice and PROVE who the better skater is. Than who gets the last dig? You do and all you did was do what you love? Get it???

96.23??
09-15-2003, 02:39 PM
Chiclet you may as well of posted :

Wenn, die höheres Niveau prima donnas oben und sprechen darstellen, über was sie tun, und wie groß sie.....I Mittel einmal sind (ich, nicht scherzen), das dieses Küken bis zu mir kam und sagte, daß ich gehen sollte, Kategorie zu tanzen, weil ich nicht sehr würdevoll bin. Ich war so wütend. Dann erhält sie auf dem Eis und kann nicht glätten tut ein annehmbares layback oder eine Spirale, um ihr Leben zu speichern. Ich bedeute, mein Trainer erkläre immer Leuten über, wie würdevoll ich bin -- er ist so ärgerlich. Wenn jedermann sonst irgendwelche ärgerlichen Gewohnheiten von den Leuten an Ihrer Eisbahn hat, würde ich lieben, sie zu hören. Dank."

because I have NO idea what you just wrote!

I don't want you (chiclet) to stop posting here, because I'm interested in some of your threads, and I think more people would be interested too if they could read it easily.

So, if you could just try your best to write in sentences, with puncuation it really isn't that hard at all!! You see, when I first came to skatingforums I wrote exactly like you do now, and people would always say can you right properly and I was like, this IS properly and this IS so easy to read, but it really isn't easy to read. And you may think, oh "teenspeak" is so much easier and faster, but when you start writing in proper english and get use to it, it's just as or faster than teenspeak! :D

Thanks! Hope to see more of your posts!

sk8er1964
09-15-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 96.23??
Wenn, die höheres Niveau prima donnas oben und sprechen darstellen, über was sie tun, und wie groß sie.....I Mittel einmal sind (ich, nicht scherzen), das dieses Küken bis zu mir kam und sagte, daß ich gehen sollte, Kategorie zu tanzen, weil ich nicht sehr würdevoll bin. Ich war so wütend. Dann erhält sie auf dem Eis und kann nicht glätten tut ein annehmbares layback oder eine Spirale, um ihr Leben zu speichern. Ich bedeute, mein Trainer erkläre immer Leuten über, wie würdevoll ich bin -- er ist so ärgerlich. Wenn jedermann sonst irgendwelche ärgerlichen Gewohnheiten von den Leuten an Ihrer Eisbahn hat, würde ich lieben, sie zu hören. Dank."

Aw, jeez. I took 4 years of German in high school (granted that was over 20 years ago now), and I can't understand more then a few words here and there. Argh! 8O :evil:

96.23??
09-15-2003, 05:07 PM
Lol :D I just stuck the whole paragraph into an online translator so the grammar or anything probably isn't right! but it was fun anyways :)

sk8er1964
09-15-2003, 10:15 PM
ActuallyOriginally posted by 96.23??
Lol :D I just stuck the whole paragraph into an online translator so the grammar or anything probably isn't right! but it was fun anyways :)

Now, you shouldn't have said this....I was all impressed,with your German translation skills :lol: :lol: Actually, I still really am impressed :) - 'cause I wouldn't have thought of it!

TashaKat
09-16-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Mistyeyed
Don't worry guys or gals! Thanks to your super helpful and let-me-help-you-get-a-life response to the above post, that poster probably will never post here again.

Mistyeyed - Chiclet has been asked SEVERAL times and at least once by a moderator not to write in 'teenspeak'. I don't think that any of us here are trying to be unhelpful we just want to be able to understand the posts that we are looking at.

JDC1
09-16-2003, 07:59 AM
What a fun way to start my day. You all gave me a good laugh. Chiclet, as an english major I'm embarassed to say I understood your entire post. :-) Skating is a VERY competitive sport and I think some jealousy and jockeying for position (literally and figuratively) is inevitable. Be polite, smile and ignore her, the higher road has less traffic and you'll be the better person.

Mrs Redboots
09-17-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by 96.23??
Lol :D I just stuck the whole paragraph into an online translator so the grammar or anything probably isn't right! but it was fun anyways :) The fun part usually starts when you feed what the translator gave you back again, so that it comes back into English:

If, which speak higher level prima donnas above and represent, over which they do, and as large they.....I means once are (I, do not joke), which came and said this Kueken up to me that I should go to dance to category because I am not very willful. I was so furious. Then it receives on the ice and can does not smooth does an acceptable layback or a spiral, in order to store their life. I mean, my coach explain always to people over, I am as willful -- he is so annoying. If everyone has otherwise any annoying habits of the people at your ice-skating rink, I would love to hear her. Owing to.