View Full Version : Adult Freestyles/Club Skates

MissIndigo
09-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering how many of you here belong to a club that offers adults-only freestyles or club skates to its members, and how such events are publicized. My club (at my suggestion) will host an adults-only freestyle in a few weeks and I want to make marketing of this session to the adult skaters I know at my rink most effective. I'm hoping that my efforts will be one step towards fostering a more prominent and supportive adult community at my rink. Naturally, we do support each other individually and are friendly toward one another, but there doesn't seem to be a community voice. The goal here, by offering this activity and others in the future, is to recruit potential members and hopefully keep them.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to activities or promotions I could look into scheduling? Of course, we will provide some info and literature on our club and the USFSA if so desired, but I feel there needs to be some other selling point and I'd be most open to your ideas.

Even for now, I am just happy to serve on my club's board. They have not had a strong adult voice before, and I am pleasantly surprised at how receptive the other board members have been to my concerns and suggestions. I hope this is a step in the right direction to helping my club grow.