View Full Version : Weekend Freestyle Sessions

Black Sheep
09-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Does your rink/club offer these? Do you ever skate them? Are they hard to get on? I tend to avoid them myself, because they are always full, full, FULL--and just not worth the money.

MissIndigo
09-12-2003, 06:46 PM
I avoid these like the plague because they are too crowded and full of young skaters who should not be on a freestyle in the first place. However, I will make an exception if I have a lesson with one of my coaches, as she will provide an extra set of eyes. I cannot concentrate on my own agenda if I am having to constantly worry about dodging the little ones.

I have to skate in a calm, sparse environment. I'm fortunate that my rink has open ice weekday mornings (technically public, but not publicized), and we can just pay for a freestyle and skate the whole time if we want. It involves me taking time off from school to go, but my advisor doesn't mind as long as I make up the time somewhere else, so I take advantage of these sessions to the fullest. These sparse sessions are a must for the MITF.

Michigansk8er
09-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Where I skate they aren't busy at all. Actually, one session was canceled due to lack of interest. I skate them whenever I can.

singerskates
09-13-2003, 12:04 AM
Club Tecumseh, doesn't have weekend figure skating ice. Tecumseh Arena has public skating on the weekends starting in October but it is crowded and on those you can't figure skate. I did get away with figure skating on the public ice in the summer but it had hardly anyone on it (only 20 or so kids).

Brigitte

Mrs Redboots
09-13-2003, 11:09 AM
Saturday morning is terribly crowded, especially between 8.00 and 9.00 am (the sessions on both days run between 6.00-9.00 am); I try to avoid it. Actually, I'm having a couple of days off as I've developed a cold and don't feel just so well - hope I can skate tomorrow! The first skaters don't arrive until 7.00 on a Sunday morning - I'm not really sure whether the rink is open before then - and it's empty until about 8.00, when it does start to fill up a bit, but nothing like Saturdays!

96.23??
09-13-2003, 05:32 PM
My club skates ONLY on weekends. It's not crowded at all, but that may be because it's at 6 am :S!