View Full Version : MIF patterns

KingBob
09-11-2003, 04:17 PM
After moving a zillion times in the past three years, my rule book seems to be playing a game of "Hide" from me. Does anyone know where or if you can find the diagrams for the MIF patterns online?

I found the ice dance ones, but I can't seem to find the MIF.

Thanks!

dbny
09-11-2003, 11:04 PM
I believe that's because the USFSA took them off their website and now only provides them in the rulebook.

SDFanatic
09-12-2003, 12:02 AM
This may not be exactly what you are looking for as its for roller skating, but many people think its pretty much the same as the ice one (of which mine is in the mail so I can't say 100%)

Website is www.skatenz.org.nz click downloads on the left side, (then new downloads) under Precision download the file "Precision Development Exercises" I think it will be close to what you are looking for.

Steven

Elsy2
09-12-2003, 07:52 AM
You can go to the USFSA website under "Online Forms", "Judges and Officials", and download the test form for the level of moves you want, but although this will give you a detailed description of each move, there will not be a diagram of the pattern like in the rulebook.

dbny
09-12-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by SDFanatic
This may not be exactly what you are looking for as its for roller skating, but many people think its pretty much the same as the ice one (of which mine is in the mail so I can't say 100%)

Website is www.skatenz.org.nz click downloads on the left side, (then new downloads) under Precision download the file "Precision Development Exercises" I think it will be close to what you are looking for.

Steven

Those do seem to be the same! Interesting web site too.

icedancer2
09-12-2003, 05:24 PM
Very interesting. I wonder if these have been in existence in roller forever, or are they based on ice skating standards for Moves?

Which came first?

Elsy2
09-12-2003, 05:44 PM
It says that these moves were borrowed from ice skating.