View Full Version : wuts ur music????

chiclet
09-10-2003, 08:18 PM
i want to know wut everyones music is im reely curios what taste in music people have or wut there coaches have hehe anyways mine is" life is a caberet "

montanarose
09-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Just a gentle suggestion . . . perhaps if you posted your question/topic in something other than "teenspeak," for lack of a better description, you might get more responses. Many of us prefer to read -- and respond to -- messages written in standard English .;)

jp1andOnly
09-10-2003, 08:59 PM
Yup..please post in plain English. If my students write something in slang, they do it all over again. I have no idea what a wuts is.

flippet
09-10-2003, 09:15 PM
Hi, chiclet. Yes, more or less 'proper' written English is what's expected at this board in order for everyone to be able to understand and participate. (It's not only the 'older' folks who prefer not to read 'teenspeak'--think about all the people from other countries whose native language is something other than English--'teenspeak' is doubly confusing to them!)

Please leave all teenspeak and txtspeak on other boards, or on the occasional thread here that's designated as a 'teen chat' thread (we've had them in the past with fun and success). Thanks! :)

I can change the title of this thread if you'd like--if you want to edit your post above, you can.

(and by the way, Caberet sounds like fun. ;) )

~flippet

jazzpants
09-10-2003, 10:22 PM
I've just picked out my music for my new Interp piece for Skate SF and Christmas. It's Clay Aiken's "This Is The Night."

Mrs Redboots
09-11-2003, 07:28 AM
I like "Cabaret", too - how are you portraying her? As the dying junkie, or straight?

Our Tango OD is to Lloyd Webber's "On this night of a thousand stars", from Evita, and I'm not saying about my creative piece yet, as it still might not work.....

TashaKat
09-12-2003, 02:26 AM
I'm not skating at the moment but my music WAS:

Darling Violetta (Sufferance mix) which is the theme from 'Angel' for my Prelim Free programme

Something (don't know the title, I cut my version from one of the other (better) skaters music) by Vanessa Mae for my Inter-Bronze Free

Big Spender for my Artistic

and was playing around with

Con Te Partiro (Time To Say Goodbye) by Andrea Boccelli for Interpretative

and 'Monsters Inc' music for my OD

I also like the theme to 'Six Foot Under' which I was going to try and use but stopped skating before then!

AshBugg44
09-12-2003, 01:11 PM
Carmen

dorvalskater1
09-13-2003, 05:42 PM
Music from thhe movie "Chocolat"

96.23??
09-13-2003, 05:46 PM
My music is Salé and Pelltier's Love Story music. My old music was from the Mulan soundtrack, and the year before I had music from Titanic.

BringontheRain
09-13-2003, 09:04 PM
My short is "Leyenda" Vanessa Mae

My long is a compliation of music from "! Viva La Guitarra !" Vehkavaara & Simone

singerskates
09-13-2003, 09:23 PM
Wow, Bringingontherain, I edited and remasted Leyenda by Vanessa Mae 2 years ago for a novice level skater and then last year Takeshi Honda used Leyenda.

I had a freeskate piece until my choreographer heard it and said it was too slow for me to use. Now I have to choose something else. The piece I had was Samba Pa Ti by Santana.

sk8star
09-14-2003, 07:58 AM
As of this second I am not skating, but my program was music from the movie "A Walk In The Clouds". It is so pretty and there are so many spots in the music that just call out jump or spiral!

~Sk8Star~

Skatingsarah
09-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Hey chiclet I skate to Caberat too! Its my short program and its sooo fun to skate to. Its my far one of my favorite programs. My long program is 'The merry Widow' I've had it for 2 years now and I love it! I know someday I have to give it up...like after this year but its so nice!

flo
09-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Old Friends, Simon and Garfunkel. Picked the piece out a year ago, and now they're going to tour - and this song is the name of their tour.

Sk8Bunny
09-15-2003, 05:50 PM
An arrangement of pieces from the movie 'Quigley Down Under'. Beautiful orchestra music. For my pre-juv freeskate music, i couldnt find anything i liked, so the guy i usually have edit my music, i told him to just find something and play around with the editing and i would use it if i liked it. talk about trust- my freeskate music was totally up to him! lol. First piece he edited(the quigley down under piece), i absolutely loved, and its my fav program so far.
My cheorographer really worked with me to bring emotion and a story-line into this program. Its age fitting and very emotional, and i hope i skate it as well as he imagined/cheorographed it to be!

Mel1977
09-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by jazzpants
I've just picked out my music for my new Interp piece for Skate SF and Christmas. It's Clay Aiken's "This Is The Night."

Jazzpants...I'm so jealous!!! I LOVE Clay Aiken!!! And that is a wonderful song. Good luck with it, I'd love to see it!

Terri C
09-16-2003, 05:20 PM
I'm keeping "Hello Dolly" for a second straight season! I hope to bring my program to "Some Enchanted Evening" back for Adult Interpretive with the Jane Olivor version- my oringinal piece was to Streisand.

JSR
09-27-2003, 12:54 PM
I'm skating to Cabaret also, for my artistic spotlight. "Don't Tell Mama", it's so much fun to perform to! I'm supposed to be lip-synching and skating at the same time; it's harder than it looks.

My old FS program was from Titanic, and before that was West Side Story. I was hoping for Pirates of the Caribbean this year, but alas! it's too strong for me. ;) So I'm probably going to skate to Henry Mancini's "Love Theme From Romeo and Juliet"; 1969. Something lovely, dark, and dramatic. That's my style, at the least. I like to have either dramatic or character spotlights.

singerskates
09-27-2003, 11:45 PM
Well, it's official my technical FS program will be the Red Sea from the Prince Of Egypt and my interpretive FS will also come from the P of E When You Believe the Michelle Pfeifer version. If any of you belong to Competitive Adult Skaters, you can listen to When You Believe by going to the File link. I'm lucky to have edited and remaster this piece the way my choreographer was thinking of doing it. He's going to edit my technical music.

Mel On Ice
09-29-2003, 10:25 AM
Morning Suite by Grieg for FS3

Rhapsody in Blue by Gerswin for Adult Bronze

Time in a Bottle for Spotlight/Artistic

Ain't Too Proud to Beg by the Temptations for footwork

All that Jazz for synchro short

some Squirrel Nut Zippers song for synchro long

CanadianSkater
09-29-2003, 06:22 PM
Anything by Bond is good music. It is very popular and has been and still is used by many many skaters.