View Full Version : Skills

96.23??
09-09-2003, 06:50 PM
Does anyone know where online I can find the patterns for Gold Skills? THANKS!!

mikawendy
09-10-2003, 04:01 PM
I don't know if they're available anywhere online. I think the patterns are in the USFSA rule book. You might be able to ask a coach or a friend if you can't find one yourself (but check what year it is because I'd imagine that you'd want to be looking at this year's rules).

There is some technical info that you might find useful on the USFSA site:

http://www.usfsa.org/programs/adult/technicalinfo.htm

The moves in the field comparison chart gives some good info on the elements in the adult tests (but no patterns). I find these helpful as I'm learning the elements b/c they tell you common errors and test standards.

icedancer2
09-10-2003, 04:04 PM
I'm wondering if we're talking Canadian Skills or US Moves here?

96.23??
09-10-2003, 04:17 PM
Thanks MikaWendy. Yes my coach does have the patterns, but the situation is, my friend moved to Waterloo for University this year, and doesn't have the money for a coach at the moment. She wants to finish her Gold Skills but doesn't know the patterns. So I was just wondering if anyone could find them online that would help a lot! :D

Oops sorry if I didn't specify, Icedancer2 ,I meant Canadian Skills.

plinko
09-11-2003, 10:14 AM
Skate Canada had promised that their rulebook would be online for members by September and it hasn't happened yet. I don't think that they are anywhere online.

The K-W club office at RIM park would have them with probably a charge for photocopying, and if she goes at lunchtime, a public skate is $2.50 and no problem practicing skills, look out for the ancient ice dancers.