View Full Version : back spin help!!!

chiclet
09-09-2003, 06:14 PM
my backspin is terrible i strat offf alright on my right fott then i can never bring my free leg in i usually end up putting it on the ice. i now i neeed more balance i just dont know how to do that any suggestions on making my spin tighter and faster that would be great!!!!:D

Lutzgirl
09-09-2003, 08:19 PM
no offence chiclet but if the back spin is really that hard maybe you should go back down to the spin before that one to get perfect balance maybe you will find it easier then ?

Roseline
09-09-2003, 08:27 PM
chiclet,

I took the liberty of performing a search for the keyword "backspin" for you. This is a very helpful option, located at the upper right hand side of your screen.

Please keep in mind that if you use traditional grammar and spelling (like you would in school or if you wrote for a newspaper), folks here are more likely to respond to your questions. Old people like me aren't used to your abbreviations, and that makes your posts hard to read.

Backspin Topic 1 (http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2120&highlight=backspin)

Backspin Topic 2 (http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1092&highlight=backspin)

Backspin Topic 3 (http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2165&highlight=backspin)

Backspin Topic 4 (http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4339&highlight=backspin)

skaternum
09-09-2003, 08:39 PM
Um, I'm not trying to be an old fuddy here, but you already started one thread requesting backspin help. Starting a second one isn't really necessary. If people can't read your first posting because of the way it's written, they certainly won't be able to read the second one either.

96.23??
09-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Hi Chiclet. To get more balance on your backspin stay in an open position for a bit longer its easier to gain balance in that position, when you have your balance start to pull in your arms and your leg.

Also, I use to write on these forums in teen speak as they call it and didn't use punctuation. However, people kept telling me how it was so much easier to read when you wrote properly, as if you were in school.. and I would always think.. geez it's so easy to read this! But I've realized now that it's really not. If you could just try a teensy bit, to write properly I think a few more people can help you out! :D!

sk8er1964
09-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by 96.23??
Hi Chiclet. To get more balance on your backspin stay in an open position for a bit longer its easier to gain balance in that position, when you have your balance start to pull in your arms and your leg.

Also, I use to write on these forums in teen speak as they call it and didn't use punctuation. However, people kept telling me how it was so much easier to read when you wrote properly, as if you were in school.. and I would always think.. geez it's so easy to read this! But I've realized now that it's really not. If you could just try a teensy bit, to write properly I think a few more people can help you out! :D!

I really enjoy reading 96.23??'s posts, even if there's a zillion years between our ages :lol: :lol: . I think I would enjoy yours too, Chiclet, but I do find "teen speak" rather hard to read.

To answer your question, however, 96.23?? has given you excellent advice. The only thing I have to add is practice, practice, practice. The backspin does not come easily, but once you get it it is both a fun spin and invaluable (sp?) to you when doing multi-rotational jumps.

chiclet
09-09-2003, 09:38 PM
i'm sooo sorrry i typed it rather fast sooo its very messsy sooo i'll try not to do it sooo bad next time sorry skatermom

melanieuk
09-10-2003, 07:28 AM
WOW I just read a few of the threads from previpous BACKSPIN Support, and boy was I obsessesd and driving myself nuts with the backspin! :roll:
You know, reading them all again, has made me curious about the backspin (again!)
I wonder if I'd be able to do it now? ;)

quarkiki2
09-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Mel, there's only one way to find out..... ;)

singerskates
09-10-2003, 04:21 PM
I was playing around with my back spin today and a few times I got 1 and half rotations but I still have bad timing or something. I can get into a rotation and a half on my backspin and then step to a forward spin for another 3 rotations though. LOL Weird Eh?

Brigitte

96.23??
09-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Chiclet, How's that backspin coming?

chiclet
09-10-2003, 06:44 PM
ugh im sooo mad our rink is getting remodelled so we have to wait till they can find another rink grrrrr so no skatin for a while

jazzpants
09-11-2003, 12:39 AM
:lol: I've read my old backspin threads!!! All I could say about it is that they are STILL this for me...

:frus:

I hate them! They're PURE EVIL!!! EVIL, I tell 'ya!!! :evil: (Unlike our friend, backspin! She's an :halo: !!!) :mrgreen:

backspin
09-11-2003, 09:13 AM
:halo: :halo: :halo: :mrgreen:

jazzpants
09-11-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by melanieuk
I wonder if I'd be able to do it now? ;) C'mon Mel!!! Back on the ice before *I* get the backspin!!! :mrgreen: (And you know how long I've been working on those #$%^@& backspins...) :roll: