View Full Version : Help Wit Backspin

chiclet
09-07-2003, 10:40 PM
i still cant do my back spin i start off and then im off balance and cant pull my leg in or else i put it on the ice its reely awfull any sugestions on how to improve it!!! my coach isnt helping very much sooo pleez ne suggestions would be very helpfull:D

skaternum
09-08-2003, 05:09 AM
Okay, here's a suggestion. If you write in complete sentences with punctuation, without using a lot of abbreviations and teenspeak, more of the old-timers will be able and willing to read your post and offer advice. If it's too hard to get through a posting, many people just don't.

backspin
09-08-2003, 09:23 AM
which way are you falling off balance? A common error is to fall backwards & to the right (if you're a ccw spinner). Describe exactly what the problem is & maybe someone can help.

montanarose
09-10-2003, 11:06 PM
I can only echo what skaternum wrote . . . if you can't articulate your questions in language that most people can understand, you will surely receive fewer responses than you might wish for. On the whole, most people here really want to be helpful and are, IMHO, exceedingly generous with their suggestions, encouragement, etc. There is a wealth of skating knowledge here among the participants. I'm sure they would be more than happy to share it with you, but it's hard to do so when we can barely figure out what you're trying to say with your "textspeak" or "teenspeak" or, as you say, "whatever!" Please consider communicating in standard English.