View Full Version : Blade Question: Coronation Four Aces Or MK Visions?

montanarose
09-07-2003, 12:46 AM
I'm currently on MK Pros but, thanks to a lousy sharpening that severely flattened the rocker, I need to buy new blades sooner rather than later. I've narrowed my search to (1) the Coronation Ace, (2) the Coronation Four Aces and (3) the MK Vision. I'd really love to hear any feedback from those of you who have experience with any of these blades.

FWIW, I'm an adult skater who will never do more than single jumps :lol:

TIA,
Ellen

SDFanatic
09-07-2003, 01:56 AM
I just received my boots Friday with the Coronation Ace blades, but won't be skating on them till Monday, so I couldn't tell you how they feel.

But I did a lot of talking to people about blades and such, and almost everyone said the Coronation Ace was a great all around blade.

Not sure on how much a difference there is between having straight cut, or crosscut teeth, might want to ask around on that.

Thats my 2c,

Steven

supersk8er
09-07-2003, 04:50 AM
I've tried both MK and John Wilson blades...And I preferred the MK blades by FAR...However, I was using them for competitive skating...So it might be different circumstances...:P

sk8er1964
09-07-2003, 11:08 AM
I skated on Coronation Aces for most of my skating life - as a kid and an adult. They're good blades. The only reason I changed was because my fitter thought I should move up to a bigger toepick, so I'm now on Ultima Elites (which I also like).

Stormy
09-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Another Coronation Ace fan here. I had them for about two years, before I moved up to Wilson Spirit blades. I luuurved my Spirits, but they don't make them anymore. They're a great all around blade and perfect for single jumps. :)

TreSk8sAZ
09-07-2003, 08:10 PM
The only problem I have with my coronation ace blades is the fact that the top toepick is so small. For me, since I have bigger feet, this can make it hard to get a good pick at speed.

LWalsh
09-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Do you mean Wilson Four Aces or Wilson Coronation Ace blades? Either will work perfectly fine for you. The Four Aces are a bit flatter then Coronation Aces and the toepicks a bit larger. The MK Visions are supposed to be the next level up from these blades (i.e. double jumps). If you're not planning on doubles eith of the Wilson blades would be suitable.