View Full Version : What skates should i get?

Sk8Bunny
09-04-2003, 08:57 PM
I have 3 choices to choose from- Riedell Gold Stars, Riedell Royals, or Jackson Elite Plus. I am working on my doubles, not the double axel tho. Have landed a few doubles, including the lutz, mostly cheated. i am medium build, and a powerful skater(ie, i jump big and stuff). not petite at all, but not overweight. which boots should i go with? any personal experience with any of these boots mentioned? i had sp-teris before but want to try a new brand, i really dislike the teris. thanks!

dbny
09-04-2003, 10:35 PM
My daughter had Royals and they were like cement blocks...very hard to break in. That was before the latest redesign, which I think has made all the Riedell models even stiffer, and my daughter was a featherweight at the time. Still, Royals do have the cement block reputation, but it sounds like that might be what you need to suit your level and strength.

skaternum
09-05-2003, 05:53 AM
I tried the Jacksons and had a terrible experience with them. Admittedly, part of the problem was poor fitting, but when they arrived, they were very clearly messed up. The heels were uneven and one boot was slightly torqued. I tried to make those suckers work for about a year before I gave up on them and ordered Klingbeils.

Others have had good experiences with them, but I hated them! Your mileage may vary.

The Ice Demon
09-05-2003, 08:16 PM
I have Riedell Goldstars have had them since beginning of last year. Working up to double lutz and also a powerful jumper and not skinny. They are great. Break in was less than a month and they still seem like there is heaps of wear in them.

Don't have any knowledge about other ones you list altho so i can't compare them but a lot of skaters at my rink are getting jacksons and seem happy with them. Good luck. Buying skates is always a bit nerve racking i think, you never really know until you've broken them in.

skatesnblades
09-07-2003, 10:27 PM
The Jackson skates are really good from what i hear - many skaters i my area are buying them and are very pleased. They have redesigned them and are quickly becoming popular. They are beter than Riedells. This comes from someone who has been selling skates for over 30 years. Quick question if you don't mind me asking, where do you skate?
I.

FSWer
09-08-2003, 10:45 PM
Hi welcome aboard.Nice to meet you. I am not a skater. But please feel free to write me anytime. I would love to chat with you.