View Full Version : Skating Dramas

anital
07-01-2002, 01:46 AM
I have recently had what seemed like a billion skating dramas, all started from October when I had my knee reconstruction, then I had my foot fractured when hit by a car and then a few weeks ago I had my skatebag with my skates etc in it stolen from my boyfriends car and the insurance company didn't want to cover it even though I pay extra to get them covered (they gave in when I mentioned a lawyer).

I just wanted to say that even though I haven't been able to properly skate until today (the doc gave my foot the okay yesterday), that reading rinkside, especially the lessons and practices thread, kept me positive, almost as good as skating myself.

I know I have to take it easy now and not do anything stupid, am not taking lessons but just skating myself for a while, but I like having you all as my 'coaches' and 'helpers'.

Thanks for keeping me positive and enthusiastic about skating, I really missed being on the ice but reading rinkside during the huge amount of free time I acquired has been great! :) Hope everyone is skating well and having fun.

figurebabe
07-01-2002, 05:49 AM
Welcome back to 'the ice rink' lol...hope you haven't forgotten how to skate! :o

Great to hear that your foot is well, and what an annoying insurance company! They should never get away with wasting your time like that; :evil: I say they should've agreed to cover for your skates in the first place!
:?

But great thing that its all well again, and when im not on the ice, I too read rinkside and I think its a great way to stay positive while not on the ice!
Take care!

-figurebabe-
New figurebabe forum- http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/205269

Mrs Redboots
07-01-2002, 05:58 AM
Indeed, welcome back! And I do hope that from now on your skating will be trouble-free, and that you will not take long to get back all that you have lost.

Sharp blades and smooth ice to you!

garyc254
07-01-2002, 11:26 AM
YES!!! Welcome back to the passion of ice.

It certainly sounds like you've had your fair share of drama recently. I've always found that time periods like that ebb and flow. I'll go through a period where nothing is going right, then I'll get the times when everything falls into place. I only wish there was a way to even them out. :lol:

Just take it easy on the ice for a while and it will all come back.

As far as the coaches and helpers on this forum, I like to think of them as long-distance skating friends. Just because I've never seen someone and may not know their real name, doesn't mean that I can't feel the compassion they have for others that share their interests and problems.

Best of luck!!!!!!! :D

melanieuk
07-01-2002, 11:41 AM
Take a day at a time and enjoy! :)

db
07-01-2002, 11:48 PM
Wow, you've had a really tough time! Welcome back :D :D :D Keep us posted on your progress.